Sunday, August 14, 2011

Playstation 3 online networking is slow. I've tried hard wiring, and wirelessly connecting. . . HELP!?

Ok, I've read multiple posts on this same subject and just can't seem to get an answer that works, so I decided to write my own question on Yahoo Answers. Here's the deal, I own a PS3 (obviously) and I've tried hooking it up wirelessly but it's so dang slow when downloading, so I tried hard wiring into my router...STILL SLOW (About the same speeds), I've tried plugging it straight into my modem. AGAIN, slow. (I know a trend here.) I've tried setting up a DMZ, Opening the correct ports, turning off media sharing. All make no difference. Now, ONCE in a while it will be fast but slow back down to crawling speeds. I've called Playstation Cust. Support and Midcontinent Comm. Support (MY ISP) and both don't know what could be wrong (Go Figure) my computer speeds are up there 13000 kbs download / 700 upload speeds but my ps3 is lucky to even get over 3000 kbs download / 700 upload if anybody has fixed this please share. ALSO ALL FIRMWARES ON ROUTER AND PS3 ARE UP TO DATE. THANKS AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment